Friday, March 17, 2006

Baseball's latest issue

I will admit that I am not a Bonds fan, however I don't like the GUILTY verdict being placed on the guy without a full investigation and official hearing (Court).

On that note, I don't see any racism and I feel sorry for those who choose to play the race card.

I do believe the press and the fans need to calm down and simply enjoy the game. Watch and have fun. Meanwhile, there appears to be enough of a smoking gun, that MLB should do a very detailed investigation and either prove the alegations false or true.

If they are False, MLB and Bonds should take clear legal actions against those who have placed these false stories out there. If they are true, then Baseball should take some very clear and decisive actions against Bonds and anyone knowingly associated with the deeds at hand. (Trainers, Coaches, Agents, Players, etc...)

Either way, there appears to be too much so-called credible information that has leaked out and deserves to be checked out.

My fear, not with Bonds, but with MLB is that this is too little too late. Had MLB done something back in the 80's/90's, then perhaps they would have saved face and the names of some of the best players of all-time.Instead they buried their heads in the dirt and now we don't know who to believe.

I'm a baseball fan, but I find the whole Steroid development the saddest thing in all of sports. Barry Bonds is simply caught in the middle and none of us know the truth, nor do we know who to believe so we are all stuck between a rock and a hard place.

At this point, I am Praying for the Truth to come out on Bonds and on everything associated with Steroids. "The Truth Shall Set You Free!!!"

Not to mention, I have two Teen Age sons who are a bit jaded towards baseball and pro-athletes at this point. It would be nice to see this get cleaned up by the time they themselves are in my shoes and have kids of their own. I would love to see them enjoy a ballgame and not have to talk about Steroids!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home