Friday, April 07, 2006

What a week

Recently I sent an e-mail to a dear friend and stated that I am torn between doing what I want to do and doing what I am responsible for.

This is the dilema between vocation and passion. I work in order to provide for my family. All the honorable and obedient, this is sometimes a trial. In an effort to stay sane, I also serve in various ministries and at times I taste the sheer joy and fulfillment of doing what my heart desires and what I believe is somewhat of a calling. Yet I know that through the perservearance of following through on my vocation that God is molding me and shaping me into his will.

I am reminded of this when I see the little things such as car repairs, utility bills and other payments that are due on a regular basis. Yet I am also reminded every time I see my Bride take on a new challenge because she feels safe and provided for. I see it in the joy that my sons show as they take on life and relationships as they continue to grow.

As much as I long to change the world through my grandious thinking, I am reminded that my priority is as a dad and a husband.

Jesus changed the world by changing the lives of his disciples. Then as I learn and respond the call of shepperding my family, I too can change the world by taking care of home.

The time will come when I will be called into other locations, but it is not today, this much I know. Yes, through the trials of this week, I am reminded that this is the season of being a dad.

Recently I have read the following: "Obstacles are those frighful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals."

I have learned that not all obstacles are clearly black/white evil things. Once they are recognized they can be put in their proper place.

1 Comments:

Blogger Darren said...

We seem to be thinking along the same lines. I am praying and trying to discern if God would have me take my family overseas right now or is that something in the future or not at all. I know I am not suppose to put my family before God's plan for us, but trying to figure out if that is His plan is tough. Being in France was very eye opening.
Darren

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home